Drop/Add and Withdrawal Deadline Details
Visit our registration website for details on how to drop and add classes from Self-Service. Please note that students with registration holds can still drop classes (within applicable deadlines) by submitting a drop/add card with advisor signature via your OSU email account to firstname.lastname@example.org.
100% Refund, Nonrestrictive Drop/Add Deadline:
- Add a course (nonrestrictive)
- Drop a course with 100% refund and no grade
Partial Refund, Restrictive Drop/Add Deadline:
- Add a course (requires instructor and advisor signature on a Drop/Add Card*)
- Drop a course with partial refund and no grade
W Drop/Withdrawal Deadline:
- Drop a course with automatic grade of "W"
- Withdraw from all classes with automatic grades of "W" (requires completed Withdrawal Form*)
Assigned W or F Withdrawal Deadline*:
- Drop a course with an assigned grade of W or F by the instructor (requires completed Request to Drop a Course During the Assigned W or F Period form*)
- Withdraw from all classes with assigned grades of "W" or "F" by the instructor (requires completed Withdrawal Form*)
*Submit forms to us at email@example.com from your OSU email account.
Check the Academic Calendar for these and other key dates for current and future terms.