OSU graduates now receive digital diplomas in addition to paper diplomas. Paper diplomas are typically mailed within two to three weeks after the digital diploma is available. Diploma details below also pertain to undergraduate and graduate certificates awarded by OSU.
Oklahoma State University now provides digital diplomas in addition to paper diplomas for all students graduating fall 2022 and later. Graduates will receive an email and text from Parchment and OSU with a link to create an account and immediately access their digital diploma.
Using Your Digital Diploma
- Celebrate with friends and family on social media.
- View or download a verifiable copy of your diploma.
- Share with potential employers.
- Use as an alternative to an apostille.
OSU graduates who earned their degree prior to fall 2022 and wish to obtain a digital diploma can order a replacement diploma and will receive both paper and digital versions of their diploma.
Contact Parchment Customer Support for assistance with your Parchment account.
General Diploma Information
Diplomas bear a student’s diploma name, graduation date, degree, primary major, degree honors (e.g. graduation with distinction or Honors College degrees), the university's seal and official signatures. Second majors, options, and minors are not reflected on the diploma and are shown on your official transcript. Visit transcripts.okstate.edu to order an official OSU transcript.
- All transcript holds must be cleared before diplomas are released. Students can view their holds from Self-Service in the Student Profile.
- Diplomas are mailed to the address indicated on the graduation application and shipped via standard USPS mail.
- Students can see their diploma delivery address by viewing their submitted graduation application in Self-Service.
- Students may change their diploma mailing address within 72 hours of receiving their digital diploma notice via their Parchment account.
- Paper diplomas are mailed within 2-3 weeks after a student’s digital diploma is available. Students can access tracking information via their Parchment account after the paper diploma ships.
- Students receive one diploma per earned degree at OSU. A single degree with two majors results in one diploma which lists the primary major only. Second majors, options, and minors are reflected on the official transcript.
- Undergraduates can earn a level of distinction based upon their final cumulative graduation/retention GPA. The level of the distinction is based on the following criteria:
|Cumulative Graduation/Retention GPA||Distinction|
|3.90 to 4.00||Summa Cum Laude|
|3.80 to 3.89||Magna Cum Laude|
|3.70 to 3.79||Cum Laude|
- The sizes of Oklahoma State University’s diplomas are as follows:
- Bachelor's Degrees 8.5 inches x 11 inches
- Master's Degrees 8.5 inches x 11 inches
- Doctoral Degrees 14 inches x 17 inches
All graduates are eligible to receive an original paper diploma shipped via standard USPS mail at no cost. Replacement or duplicate diplomas for OSU graduates can be ordered as outlined below for $50 and include both paper and digital versions. Additional charges apply for expedited shipping options.
- Current & Former Students with an Active O-Key Account:
- Login to Self-Service.
- Select Student Records from the Student menu.
- Select Request Replacement Diploma and complete the order.
- Former Students/Alumni without an Active O-Key Account:
- OSU Alums order replacement diplomas through the Student Records Ordering site.
- Create an account and complete the order.
Replacement diploma orders are typically processed within one week, and graduates will receive email notification when their digital diploma is available. Unless expedited shipping is included, replacement paper diplomas are generally shipped within 2-3 weeks of when the digital diploma is available.