Arena Entry and Security
Oklahoma State University places an emphasis on safety and security at all commencement events. Please arrive early to avoid any possible delay in entering venues for commencement activities. Please see the Gallagher-Iba Arena security policies and other information below related to commencement security.
Arena Entry and Exit
- Gallagher-Iba Arena doors will open one hour prior to the ceremony start.
- Doors for guest entry are located on the northeast, southeast and far east sides of the arena.
- No tickets are required.
- Visit OSU’s COVID Plan and Guidelines site for the latest campus mask guidelines and other public health protocols.
- Everyone will go through a security checkpoint upon entering the arena and be subject to the arena’s clear bag policy and other standard security policies.
- Upon conclusion of the ceremonies, students will immediately recess out of the arena to the south side of Boone Pickens Stadium.
- Details for the undergraduate degree candidates can be found here.
- Details for the graduate college degree candidates can be found here.
All persons are subject to search upon entering the arena. This includes but is not limited to graduates, guests, faculty and staff. Graduates and faculty for the Saturday ceremonies will enter via a security checkpoint at Boone Pickens Stadium Gate 1 South, and should refrain from bringing personal items (i.e., handbags, backpacks, etc.) with them on commencement day. Please refer to the Gallagher-Iba Arena clear bag and other security policies.
All guests will be subject to a security search upon entering the arena. Inappropriate spirit banners, flags, or signs are not permitted. The use of poles to display these items is prohibited.
OSU is designated as a tobacco free campus. Tobacco and smoking preparation (electronic cigarettes, vapor devices, etc.) use is prohibited on university property. No soliciting allowed in or near the stadium.
For further questions about Commencement security, please contact email@example.com.
We appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding.