Spring 2021 Commencement
Updated April 16, 2021
We are excited to hold in-person ceremonies on the OSU-Stillwater campus for our spring and summer 2021 degree candidates outdoors in Boone Pickens Stadium on May 7-8. A number of new protocols are in place as we continue to keep the health and safety of our campus community, family and friends as our top priority. Class of 2020 graduates are also invited to participate in the May ceremonies as capacity allows. Please find important details about registering to attend Stillwater campus ceremonies and claiming guest tickets for family and friends below. For information on spring commencement ceremonies held on our other campuses, please visit OSU-Tulsa Commencement or OSU-CHS Commencement for details. Congratulations graduates!
What you need to know
- Graduates must register to attend commencement The registration deadline has been extended through Sunday, April 18. Spring and summer 2021 degree candidates and class of 2020 graduates must register in advance to attend commencement. Eligible students can register for commencement here.
- Graduates can claim commencement tickets April 19-30. Tickets will be required for entry to Boone Pickens Stadium, and seating is limited to ensure social distancing. Students who have registered to attend commencement will be eligible to claim tickets for themselves and up to eight guests. Guest seating will be assigned in groups of up to four, with social distancing between groups. Learn more about tickets.
- Masks are required and seating will be socially distanced. Learn more about public health protocols.
- Ceremony schedule. Visit our commencement ceremonies and events page for the complete schedule of ceremony dates and times.
- Find your graduation essentials at the University Store. Students can purchase their cap, gown and announcements at the University Store in the Student Union or online at shopokstate.com.
About the ceremonies
- Masks will be required for everyone in the stadium, including all graduates and guests.
- Graduates will be walking on the football field, which is soft turf surface. Comfortable walking shoes are strongly recommended in lieu of heels or other shoes which could increase the risk of injury.
- Small personal umbrellas will be allowed.
- Graduates will be directed to their seats on the field and remain socially distanced at all times.
- During the presentation of degree candidates, students will cross an ADA-compliant ramp as their name is announced.
- Students will pause momentarily for a professional photo as they cross the ramp, and masks may be temporarily removed for the photo.
- Masks must be replaced before students return to their seat on the field.
- Doctoral and professional students will be hooded by a faculty member during the ceremonies on Friday, May 7.
- No handshaking or other physical contact during the ceremony.
- Doors will open for ticketed guest entry one hour before the ceremony begins.
- Everyone (graduates and guests) entering Boone Pickens Stadium must follow the clear bag policy and will be subject to search in accordance with standard stadium security policies. Learn more about stadium clear bag and other security policies.
- Commencement programs will be available electronically via the OrangeConnection app, and graduates will obtain a printed copy of the program at the ceremony.
- University health officials will continue to monitor state and federal health guidelines related to COVID-19, and may recommend updates to public health protocols for commencement if needed.
- In the case of a severe weather event, individual ceremonies may be rescheduled for May 9 or 10. Learn more about the severe weather plan.
Have questions about Spring Commencement? Contact us at email@example.com.
- President's Commencement Welcome Message
- Apply to Graduate
- Steps to Graduation
- Caps, Gowns, Regalia
- Ceremonies and Events
- Graduation Deadlines
- Verification of Degree Conferral
- OSU Speaker
- Programs, Photos & Videos
- Future Commencement Dates