Apply to Graduate
Fall 2020 degree candidates must submit a graduation application by Nov. 2 to be recognized in the virtual commencement ceremonies, have their name in the December commencement program, and to be eligible to graduate. Students who apply to graduate between Nov. 3 and Dec. 11 will be eligible to graduate, but will unfortunately not be able to be included in the virtual commencement ceremonies due to required lead time.
Follow these instructions to apply to graduate:
- Login to the my.okstate.edu portal.
- Click on the Self-Service icon.
- From the Student tab, select Student Records.
- Select Apply to Graduate.
- The first page of the graduation application will ask you to select a term to determine your eligibility to graduate, and you will likely not see your expected graduation term here. This is OK – select the most recent term provided on this page. You will select your expected graduation term later in the application.
- Follow the remainder of the instructions, completing all information requested, and submit.
Graduation applications will be accepted until Friday of finals week for the semester you intend to earn your degree. For your name to appear in the commencement program, the application generally must be submitted by November 1 for the fall ceremony and April 1 for the spring ceremony (includes spring and summer degree candidates).
If you determine you will not graduate in the semester of your graduation application, please submit a Graduation Application Cancellation form (see link to the required form below) and, after you receive confirmation it has been processed, submit a new Graduation Application through Self-Service. Graduation Applications will be accepted until Friday of finals week for the semester you intend to earn your degree.
Use the following forms to request changes to your graduation application:
Graduation Deadlines - commencement.okstate.edu/deadlines