Apply to Graduate
All degree candidates are expected to submit a graduation application by November 1 for their name to appear in the fall commencement program, and by April 1 to appear in the spring commencement program (for spring and summer degree candidates). Students who will complete all degree requirements in the summer should file their graduation application for the summer term and are invited to participate in spring commencement ceremonies. Graduation applications will be accepted through the end of the term in which a student intends to graduate, but the student’s name will not appear in the commencement program if submitted after April 1 (spring) or November 1 (fall).
Follow these instructions to apply to graduate:
- Select Graduation Application (Apply) from the Student Records menu in Self-Service.
- If you are eligible to apply for graduation, the first page will present your latest curriculum (degree/major programs) for you to select. The term shown at the top of this page may not be your expected graduation term. This is OK – you will select your expected graduation term in the next section.
- On the diploma name page, select the best option from the drop-down list. You will be able to edit the first name and middle name as you would like it to appear on your diploma and in the commencement program. The suffix field is intended for generational titles only (e.g. Jr., Sr., II, III).
- Indicate a complete mailing address for your diploma. Note that diplomas are typically mailed 6-8 weeks after the end of the term. (Due to the holiday break, fall diplomas will be ready approximately 8-10 weeks after the term.)
- Review your graduation application summary and click Submit Request.
Students who are not eligible to apply for graduation will see a message that says, “No curricula available for graduation application.” Students must meet the following eligibility rules to submit a graduation application:
- Undergraduates must have at least 90 overall earned hours on their academic transcript.
- Graduate students require an approved Graduation Clearance form on file with the Graduate College.
- DVM students must be in their fourth year of the program.
If you determine you will not graduate in the semester of your graduation application, please submit a Graduation Application Change Request form (see link to the required form below). Graduation Applications will be accepted through the end of the intended graduation term.
Degrees and certificates are conferred after the end of the term upon institutional verification that all requirements have been met. Students who wish to be notified before their credential is conferred must submit a graduation hold form to the Office of the Registrar before the end of their final term.
Use the following forms to request changes to your graduation application:
- Graduation Application Change Request Form
- Diploma Name Preference Form
- Diploma Release Information Form
- Graduation Hold Form
Graduation Deadlines - commencement.okstate.edu/deadlines