Undergraduate Ceremony Details
- Degree candidates should purchase their cap and gown from the University Store; they come with an OSU tassel and commemorative medallion to complete the outfit.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your ceremony time (doors will open an hour prior to the ceremony).
- Visit OSU’s COVID Plan and Guidelines site for the latest campus mask guidelines and other public health protocols.
- Degree candidates will enter via a security checkpoint at Boone Pickens Stadium Gate 1 South, near the corner of Knoblock and Mathews (see image below). After completing the security check, students will be directed to their seats on the Gallagher-Iba Arena floor.
- Ensure your tassels are on the right side as you arrive. You will move your tassel to the left at the end of the ceremony.
- Each student’s seat will have a name card and pencil – please fill out your name card with the provided pencil and keep it with you.
- When it is your time to approach the stage, a college marshal will come to lead you.
- Bring your completed name card with you as you approach the stage ramps.
- Hand your name card to the reader at the podium and cross the stage after they announce your name.
- Professional photographers will be on hand and guide you to pose for photos as you approach the stage and make your graduation walk.
- After your name is announced you will walk toward your Dean on the stage to receive your diploma cover, then down the center ramp and back to your seat, following directions from your college marshals.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, all graduates will exit GIA via a formal recessional and be led outside to the south side of Boone Pickens Stadium. College marshals will let you know when it’s your turn to join the recessional.
Congratulations and Go Pokes!